Does the UV Ink Used by the Uv Printer Smell Bad?
UV printer has a little taste when printing, which is relatively slight. It can not smell in a well ventilated environment. The finished product after printing is completely tasteless and non-volatile for a long time. It can be applied to various environments.
Reasons for the odor of UV printer when printing:
UV printer LED UV curing lamp will produce slight ozone in the irradiation. This taste is relatively light, has less volume, and generally it can not be smelled.
Substrates of different materials are affected by the environment and will crack out related chemicals to produce irritating odor.
UV ink products themselves contain a certain odor. It is smelly before it solidifies. And after curing, some odor will be produced, or chemical reaction with the substrate itself will produce peculiar odor. Different UV ink manufacturers produce UV ink with different odor. If the odor is too strong, you can consider changing the brand of UV ink or it can be considered that air flow will achieve better results.
Plastic, acrylic and other items are not too hard. They do not need pretreatment before UV printing. But very hard objects such as glass, metal, marble and so on need spraying pretreatment liquid before printing if they want better adhesion. These pretreatments have some odor more or less.
Compared with traditional printing pigments, UV ink has been greatly improved in environmental protection. The products printed by the UV printer will not have any odor residues. Once the UV ink is cured, its performance will be very stable, and it will not volatilize under high humidity, high temperature and strong ultraviolet radiation. So it will not produce odor. But it still contains a small amount of toxicity. It should be understood that the cheaper the inferior UV ink, the more toxic it is, and the worse the ink, the stronger the flavor it emits when printing.
Odor itself volatilizes quickly and will not stay on the surface of the substrate for a long time. Whether the operator or the user himself, there is no need to worry too much about UV ink, which is acceptable to the human health. Uncomfortable situations are very few.
- March 8, 2019The ink of the UV printer is the printing ink that has been active in the market in recent years. The entry of UV printer inks has also brought new hope to the printing industry, which is almost a mil...view
- August 7, 2019Recently, more and more UV printers have come into people's sight. People are always asking these kind of questions: what can be printed by UV printers? Is the color fastness of printed patterns insuf...view
- August 7, 2019This requires us to have a good understanding of the core elements of color management system: equipment calibration, characterization and color conversion.1. Equipment calibration. In order to ensure...view
- March 25, 2019The rapid development of the packaging industry has led to the use of a wide variety of plastic films in the printing industry. These films differ little in appearance, but their chemical composition ...view
- April 18, 2019There are many kinds of printers in the market, one of which is called a cell phone case printer. Cell phone case printer is not subject to any data restrictions, and can be used for colorful photo-le...view
- August 7, 2019What can a flatbed UV printing machine do?It can print high-precision images on the surface of objects. Applicable materials: acrylic, wood and bamboo materials, stone, leather, crystal glass, porcela...view