What is the Difference Between UV Printing and Screen Printing?
The biggest headache for UV printing starters is the problem of selection. So what exactly make UV printing so different from screen printing? In comparison with the traditional screen printing, which possess obviously more developed technology, can the UV printing technology reach the same level?
1. Cost comparison
The traditional screen printing require film plate, the cost is expensive, and the screen printing point can’t be eliminated, need pipeline production to reduce the cost, almost impossible for small batch production or print individual product.
UV printing just need simple image processing instead of complex layout design, after the computer finished calculating related data, the user can easily operate through software. Also, individual product can be printed conveniently. The inkjet printer don't limit the minimum quantity of printing, which in some way greatly saved time and cost.
2. Process comparison
The screen printing process is complicated, based on the manuscript, select layout design and printing procedure according to different materials. There are many kinds of processing, different material required different procedure, the production is tough.
The processing of UV printing, in the other way, is much easier, the user only have to put the media to be printed on the platform and fix the position, then when the selected HD image finished layout design and positioning, the printing can start right away. For different materials, the general printing modes are almost the same, except for some materials required layer and varnish.
3. Quality comparison
The product printed by screen printing has lower solidity, easy to be scraped off and not water-proof. It takes some time for the product to be seasoned after finished.
For the UV printer, the colors are more comprehensive, the unique color management system eliminated the color collaboration process and the results present more vivid colors. The product printed by UV printer possess certain advantages such as water-proof, anti-scratch, abrasion resistance, etc. More importantly, the materials won’t be an obstacle, as long as the size and unevenness of the media is within allowance, they can be printed by UV printers.
- September 18, 2018The reason UV printers can't print material like mirrors is because of the print head. As we all know, the biggest specification of UV ink is that it is cured by light, and when we expose it by UV lam...view
- September 18, 2018The UV ink don't contain the VOC which is harmful for human, but the un-cured UV ink is still not allowed to contact with the body directly. A long term of direct contact with UV ink may stimulate the...view
- September 18, 2018Normally, the image produced by UV printer can sustain for 2-5 years in outdoor situation, the time is relevant with the environment. Say if there is always sunlight, rainy, windy, etc., possibly the ...view
- September 18, 2018After using UV printer with Ricoh print heads, there will be a common problem, the printed products present a phenomenon of drawing, that is faults which look like wavy silk pattern. So why does this ...view
- September 18, 2018Cause: The white ink is not used for a long term or using white ink over warranty may cause the problem. Unlike other inks, white ink precipitate when it is not used for a long term and block the nozz...view
- September 18, 2018It is a normal problem ,especially under the overload working , so the user don’t have to worry about it, here is the reason of this kind of problems: Firstly, you need to know the principles of inkj...view