Color Management Elements of UV Printers
This requires us to have a good understanding of the core elements of color management system: equipment calibration, characterization and color conversion.
1. Equipment calibration. In order to ensure the stability, reliability and sustainability of color information transmission, it is necessary to correct the input devices, display devices and output devices in order to ensure their optimal working conditions.
2. Input correction: It is to correct the brightness, contrast and black-and-white field (RGB balance) of the input device. For example, a corrected scanner should obtain the same image data for the same manuscript whenever it scans.
3. Display correction: It is to display the color data of image data and display the color accurately on the display.
4. Output calibration: The calibration of the control typesetter is based on the correct image of the display; the calibration of the printer and the proofing machine must make the paper, ink and other printing materials used in the equipment conform to the standards.
5. Characterization of equipment. As mentioned earlier, one of the core of color management is to establish equipment files. As a standard, it is a bridge between two color spaces (PCS). Simply put, the color management system transfers the data file to the color space of the feature file according to the characteristic file of the input device. It transfers the color information of the data file to the color space of the output device according to the characteristic files of the output device (display, proofing machine), so as to ensure the consistency of color restoration in the workflow.
6. Color conversion. The third core of color management is the CMM, which is used to interpret the device feature file and convert the color data of different devices according to the device color described in the feature file. A basic principle of color conversion is that the same color is guaranteed to be the same on different devices. To achieve this goal, we need a device-independent color system to measure the color on each device, and any device-related color space can be represented in this color space. If different device-related colors can correspond to the same point in the device-independent color space, then the conversion between them must be accurate. In the process of color conversion, the color data is first converted to the color value of PCS through the device characteristic file, and then to the color value of other devices according to the need. According to the principle of color change mentioned above, in order to achieve good printing effect, we must strictly control the ink selected by UV printers. If the ink does not meet the standard and the water content is too high, the ink will easily faint. Ink droplets are difficult to control, so they can not correctly control the shade of the color, making the shade of the color mix. The printing effect will have no sense of hierarchy. The color gloss is not enough. In addition, the air humidity in the working environment should be kept moderate, because the flatbed UV printing machine should avoid water before and after printing. If the air humidity is too wet, the printing material will be damped, resulting in poor printing effect. Therefore, keeping the air humidity moderate can compensate for the loss of moisture due to heat in ink, and also ensure that the printing material is not damp. Printing work proceeds smoothly.
- March 25, 2019First, ensure that the surface of the wood material to be printed is kept flat and clean before printing on the uv flatbed printer for wood. Since the working environment is impossible without any dus...view
- March 25, 2019Glass flatbed printers, as the name implies, are devices for printing glass, but do you know that glass flatbed printers can not only print glass, but also other flat materials such as metal, ceramic ...view
- December 20, 2018From 3D Printing to Additive Manufacturing Industry Experts to Meet at BIG IDEAS for UV+EB Technology ConferenceChevy Chase, Md. – A unique, high-level cross section of supply and customer chain inno...view
- April 18, 2019Acrylic sheet has crystal transparency and the rate of light transmittance is over 92%. Acrylic dyed with dye has good color development effect. In addition, acrylic sheet has excellent weather resist...view
- April 18, 20191. Choose excellent shining fastness and weather resistance: Since outdoor inkjet images are fixed in the sun and rain for a long time, ultraviolet rays, acid and alkali, dust and air pollution all ca...view
- March 8, 2019UV flatbed printer inks are important consumables in printing and are also divided into several major types. Many customers don't understand ink. Usually the manufacturer is responsible for providing....view